We have established the Emery Funkhouser’s Kisses For Hearts Memorial Fund to honor Emery’s legacy.
Our mission is to provide support to families who have children with congenital heart defects (CHDs) and families who have experienced the loss of a child. Due to the overwhelming generosity and support of of donors we have been able to:
- Establish a family kitchen at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta-Egleston in the cardiac step down unit. Families who are staying at the hospital now have access to a kitchen for meals, healthy food and community with other families.
- Sponsored several Feed the Heart catered dinners for cardiac families.
- Donated loads of Beanie Boos for cardiac patients and delivered smiles to children and parents.
- Hosted a Parents Grief Retreat that provides parents who have lost a child a weekend of respite, healing and connection to their child and other parents who share this unique loss.
- Support cardiac transplant research to help increase the longevity and quality of life for pediatric heart transplant recipients.
You can help us continue to support families in these ways and more by making a donation. Every dollar you donate directly impacts a family, we see the difference it makes and are driven to continue our efforts and would appreciate your ongoing support.
Your gifts are tax deductible and will make a difference to Children’s patients and families.